United Airlines will be increasing the number of flights that it operates between Guam and Japan this summer, according to a statement by the airline on Wednesday. The announcement comes as the carrier finalizes its summer flight schedule and looks to capitalize on revitalized demand.
56 flights per week
United will be operating 56 flights per week across four different routes this summer:
- Narita International Airport (NRT) to Guam International Airport (GUM)
- Chubu Centrair International Airport (NGO) to Guam International Airport (GUM)
- Kansai International Airport (KIX) to Guam International Airport (GUM)
- Fukuoka Airport (FUK) to Guam International Airport (GUM)
The airline has dedicated nine flights scheduled weekly:
- UA 827 / UA 873: NRT – GUM (Daily)
- UA 197 / UA 196: NRT – GUM (Daily)
- UA 865 / UA 864: NRT – GUM (Daily)
- UA 874 / UA 828: NRT – GUM (Four times per week)
- UA 136 / UA 137: NGO – GUM (Daily)
- UA 172 / UA 171: NGO – GUM (Daily)
- UA 150 / UA 151: KIX – GUM (Daily)
- UA 177 / UA 178: KIX – GUM (Three times per week)
- UA 166 / UA 165: FUK – GUM (Daily)
With the exception of flights 865 and 864 which will commence on April 9th, this schedule is effective as of March 26th. The most notable change from the existing flight schedule is a significant increase in the number of flights between Narita and Guam from 18 to 25 flights per week.
The summer flight schedule also includes a number of new and more frequent trans-Pacific flights that will make travel between Asia and the Americas more convenient for its customers.
United’s announcement that it will be expanding its flight network to include additional flights between Guam and Japan ultimately comes at a time when the airline is looking to take advantage of growing demand. Under its summer flight schedule, the carrier will have a 17% higher seat capacity between the US territory and the island nation than it did in the summer of 2019, prior to the pandemic.
It is also worth noting that United was one of the only airlines that continued to operate flights to and from Guam during the pandemic when tourism dropped virtually overnight.
The carrier also offers an early check-in service for passengers on flights early in the morning so that they do not have to deal with long lines on the day of. The service is available at GUM from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm daily.
With regard to the summer flight schedule, United’s Managing Director of Airport Operations in the Asia-Pacific Sam Shinohara said,
Source: simple flying